Let's get started
Dear Raclette enthusiast,
to make you feel the true spirit of racletteness, please follow these instructions carefully.
Please make sure to abide by the safety regulations, in order not to get hurt in the process.
What should I do?
Unpack your Raclette terminal. You will notice the little inscriptions on its side. They are crucial for the true Raclette experience.
Now, go get yourself the Raclette accessories. Aside from a leathercase and a polestand, you will require
- Pickled cucumbers
- Sour baby corn
- optional: Bacon*.
Once you are in possession of your accessories, invite your date. Shortly before their arrival, position the Raclette terminal on your dinner table and
- Cook your potatoes (including the potato skins)
- Unpack the cheese
- Cut it in thin slices of 3-5mm thickness
- Position the slices next to the terminal
- Once your potatoes are well cooked, put them onto the table as well.
- Position the pickled cucumbers, sour baby corn, and optionally the cut onions around the terminal.
- Position the tealights in the Raclette terminal and
- Light up the tealights
You are ready!
Put the Raclette slices into the Raclette handles, put some of the Raclette seasoning on them and put the handles onto the terminal. The tealights will heat up the cheese nicely.
While waiting for the cheese to melt, you may cut the potatoes, pickles, and baby corn.
Pour the melted cheese over the chopped up accessories.
Merry christmas everybody!
*If you opt for the bacon option, you will require a device to fry the same next to the Raclette terminal (it is crucial for the bacon to by fried at the same time the cheese is melting)