This article includes information on how bookings can be issued, managed, edited, etc.
How bookings can be made and/or received
There are several ways to make a booking:
- Manually by one of the users in your account: Create a booking by going to Homepage > Bookings > New Booking or Homepage > New Booking
- Via Travel agent: Bookings made by one of your connected agents will arrive in your account
- Via your website or your booking engine: You can find the booking engine links under Configuration > Channels > Booking engine links
- Via TourCMS POS: Through your TourCMS POS (Point of Sale) application.
Homepage > Bookings: What you find in each tab
- New Booking: Check the availability of your tours and issue bookings
- Search: Find and filter all the bookings in your account
- Latest: A list of the last 20 bookings that have been made
- Latest assigned: A list of the last bookings that have been assigned to your user
In Homepage, you can also search for a specific booking by its Booking ID or for a customer by their name, surname, or email address.
The booking interface
On top, you will find general information regarding the booking, such as lead customer information, date of travel, number of customers, sales value and balance, travel agent who made the booking, booking ID, booking date, status and the option to cancel the booking.
A booking status can be quotation, provisional, confirmed or cancelled. The status will depend on what you configure in booking general settings and how your agents are set up.
Cancelling a booking
From the booking screen, open the drop-down field cancel booking and choose the reason for the cancellation.
In order to reverse the cancellation of a booking, you need to switch to Super User mode which can be done by clicking Super User in the top right corner of the screen below the Booking ID search function. Then you should have the option to REOPEN a booking.
Note: Not every user has Super User permissions. Please check with your administrator if you don’t have this option.
Booking tabs explained
- Product: An overview of the product that has been purchased, with information such as departure dates, rate types, options. In this tab you can swap to an alternative departure, add options and/or new components.
- Money: Information regarding price, revenue, outgoings (agent commissions), etc.
- Marketing: A display of information regarding the sales channel of the booking. If the booking was made by an agent, you will find details such as their travel agent reference as well.
- Customers: Detailed customer information is displayed in this tab. Keep in mind that this will depend on the information you require a customer to give you at the time of booking.
- Docs & Comms: Here you have access to the booking invoice and email templates. You can resend documents and emails, as needed. Another feature in this tab is that you can run a custom report just for this specific booking.
- Workflow: You can reassign the booking to another staff member, set a new Flag, or write a Workflow note.
- Price Details: Find and edit information regarding the price and how it’s composed here.
- Hotel pickups: Here you can add or edit hotel pickups, if you have them configured.
Booking notes & View
Use this tool to take notes on the booking or the customer. This will help you keep track of changes, cancellations, or any other notes you will be required to take.
Notes can be made visible to tour leaders/suppliers, if needed.
In the View dropdown menu, you can choose a category to see more detailed information. The audit trail is useful in order to track the flow of the booking.
IMPORTANT: Keep in mind, all of the above-mentioned information depends on user permissions.