What does it mean?
In the sales ledger function of TourCMS, you can find reconciled and unreconciled balances that agents owe you and vice versa.
Where can I find it?
This function can be found on the Homepage under Customers & Bookings.
On the main screen of the sales ledger, you will see the latest payments you owe your agents. You can also check every individual booking by clicking on Go.
What should I do?
Once you open an individual booking, you can add a payment by clicking on Add a new sales ledger payment/refund or under the tab Money by clicking New payment/refund.
Coming back to Homepage > Money (Sales ledger), you can create your own sales ledger report by selecting dates according to the payment or booking date, channel, reconciled or unreconciled payments and by payment or refund.
On the right side of the screen, you can quickly access several different balances :
- Provisional/Confirmed with no deposit received : Here you will be able to check provisional and confirmed bookings for which a deposit has not yet been received.
- Overdue final balances : List of bookings for which balance due date has passed.
- Future final balances : List of bookings for which balance due date is in the future.
You can also filter unpaid balances by agent, which shows the sales value and the amount due per booking.
Once you click on an agent, a list of bookings with unpaid balances will be shown.
Back on the sales ledger home screen, on the right, you have some options to create reports:
- Money collected by staff between specific dates.
- Daily sales and refunds. Choose a date to see the bookings made that day, bookings that were cancelled that same day, bookings that were cancelled later and bookings cancelled that date but made before.
- Monthly sales and refunds. Same options as above but monthly instead of daily.
- Daily bookings by date operated or agent group. You can sort bookings by date the tours were operated or when the bookings were made and by agent. You can also choose to list by who owes the balance (supplier or agent).