At a Glance is an important feature of Palisis reporting and the first step in the procedure to set automated reports. You can set filters in order to create custom reports and visual overviews in the form of diagrams.
Where do I find it?
Reports & Analysis > At a glance
At a Glance allows you to filter your sales according to many parameters such as:
- Direct & Indirect Sales: filter all direct and indirect sales to get insight
- Sales user: choose a specific sales user to get an overview of his/her sales
- Partners: choose a specific sales partner to get an overview of the partner’s sales
- Business Units and Operation Lines : filter by business units and operation lines
- Passenger Categories: filter by your passenger categories
- Areas and way-points: find out which areas and way-points sell better than others
First, set the time period you would like to analyse. You can choose between today’s date, this week, this month, this year or you can configure a custom date range.
Additionally you should set how the report you are going to generate will be sorted: by booking time, event time or settlement time.
- Booking time refers to the moment when the booking is made.
- Event time refers to the selected event date, when the actual event will be taking place.
- Settlement time refers to the time when the cash settlement containing the booking is opened.
1st of May: A booking has been made on the Webshop for a tour that takes place on May 15th.
15th of May: The selected event date of said booking and the date when the tour takes place.
1st of May: The webshop settlement closes each day just before midnight, so the settlement containing the booking has been closed on the same day the booking has been made.
Sorting your report by booking time, will show the booking on the 1st of May. Sorting your report by event time, will show the booking on May 15th. Sorting your report by Settlement time will show the booking on the 1st of May.
By clicking on Additional Options, more useful parameters will be revealed:
- Webshops: check sales made via the webshop and webshop widgets
- Sales channels: filter by sales channel (Online, Onsite, API, Boxoffice, Backoffice)
- Payment Accounts: filter sales by client payment method (credit card, cash, Paypal, external voucher etc.)
- Products: check sales of the products you offer
- Partner Groups: filter report results by partner groups (groups must first be created in Partnering)
In the filter options, you also have the possibility to show deleted categories in case you need historical data which, even if the category has been deleted, will remain in the system.
Tip: You can select several parameters at once.
It is also possible to run a comparison of Gross Revenue, Revenue, Tickets and Passengers with the same values from the past. For example, you could compare the current month's sales with last month’s.
Keep in mind, that the use of the Day to Date box can change the outcome of your report. For example, if today is Tuesday and we compare this week with last week without activating the Week to Date box, we will very likely get red numbers (less gross revenue than last week) as we are comparing 7 days of the last week with, for now, only two days of this week.
However, if we choose to compare this week with last week using the Week to Date setting, the numbers change as we are comparing the sales of Monday and Tuesday of last week with Monday and Tuesday of this week.
Depending on the date range and filters applied, the data displayed will adjust. The first table shows you an overview of the Gross Revenue, Revenue, Passengers and Tickets.
Below that table you will find diagrams which are a visual display of the requested data and helpful for gaining quick insight.
If you want to use the same filter setup another time, you will be able to save it by clicking on Save Report and setting up the name. This way, every time you want to choose the same layer of filters you don’t need to check them one by one, but you will be able to apply them by clicking on Open reports.
If you check Public within company, the Report will be available for the Public Reports function.
Additionally, At a Glance allows you to download the report as either a CSV or XLSX file. Before requesting the new report export, select one of your report templates and the format of the file.
You will then be forwarded to Data Export. Depending on how much data you are requesting, the download of the report might take a few seconds.