Sometimes the devices won't work properly or simply can fail. In case you are working with a device and suddenly device does not work… what should you do?
The best way to find out why the device is failing is to follow the steps below:
- Try to restart the device. If the error still happens, please try the next step.
- Turn the device off, remove the battery and insert it again. If the error still happens, please try the next step.
- Try another battery. If it does not work, please follow the next step.
- Contact our Support by sending an email to email@example.com.
In order to find the best solution to fix the problem, you need to give us as many information as possible:
- Device ID: we need to know the device number that is failing.
- User: we need to know the user who was using the device while it failed.
- Date and time when the device failed
- What were you doing when device started to fail? (selling a ticket, cash settlement, printing…)
- If possible, take a picture of the error and send it to us.
- Try to have the device connected to the laptop with the Windows Mobile Device Center. This way, we will be able to take a look at the device remotely (Getting a Device online)
Once our support people check the device, depending on the information we get, we will be able to determine if the problem comes from a hardware or software issue. If it is a software problem, probably it can be fixed by remote control. However, if it is a hardware issue, we can't solve the problem remotely, so the device must be sent to repair to our service company.
In case the device needs to be repaired, we will prepare an RMA form with all the necessary information for our service company. Once the RMA form is prepared, we will send it to you. After that, you have to prepare a package including the RMA form and the device. Now send the package to our service company. You will find the address listed on the RMA form.