What does it mean?
The scheduled emails provide you with the ability to communicate with passengers via email before, during and/or after their trip.
There are 3 types of scheduled emails, depending on the date/time that triggers the sending of the email:
- Based on the booking date and time.
- Based on the event date and time.
- Based on the check-in date and time.
There is a configurable parameter that allows you to define the time in minutes after or before the action (booking, event or check-in) the email should be sent.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This feature is still in beta version (date 24th of November, 2022), so we beg you to be cautious and don't enable it yet in the LIVE environment.
Where can I find it?
It's in Configuration > Email Templates
Here you can create the scheduled emails based on the booking date/time (Scheduled Book), based on the event date/time (Scheduled Event) and based on the check-in date/time (Scheduled Check-In).
What should I do?
All the communications are configurable per operation line, and it's possible to select one operation line, some of them or all of them (no selection). Additionally, it’s possible to create multiple email templates of each type, so this functionality offers you endless possibilities.
You should enter the content of the email in the body field, and you can create your own template or use the standard "Booking info" one for your emails.
After the body and template, please continue with the rest of the parameters.
- The dates format can be filled in according to this article. In this example, the date would be something like "Wedn 21/09/22" and the time would be something like "15:00".
- The "Schedule" is the number of minutes before or after the booking or event, when the email should be sent. A negative number would mean "before", and a positive number "after". So a "Schedule" of "5" and a Template Type "Scheduled Book" means that the email will be sent 5 minutes after the booking. On the other hand, a "Schedule" of "-1440" and a Template Type "Scheduled Event" means that the email will be sent 24 hours before the event. Actually, we apply the conditions for thos bookings made "24 hours + schedule" ago. For obvious reasons, it's not possible to program a scheduled email before the booking or the check-in. Please, note that it works for historial bookings, so if you enter an "Schedule" of 1 year, all the bookings made 24 hours +1 year ago will be affected and those customers will receive an email now. It's important to be very cautious with this setting. If you need help with the setup please contact us in firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The rest of settings:
Advertisement: Email sent only if the advertisement consent is given
Enabled: Yes or No. Even if it's not enabled, the system is able to send notifications to email addresses with an existing user in Palisis. This is basically a test mode to allow you to test this functionality and check your email templates in action before sending the communications to your customers.
Send for Online: webshop and widget bookings
Send for Onsite: Palisis device bookings
Send for Boxoffice: Boxoffice bookingsSend for API: API bookings from TourCMS
Send for Backoffice: Backoffice bookings
How to configure a scheduled email before the trip?
The email can be scheduled to be sent after the booking or either before the event.
How to configure a scheduled email during the trip?
You can use the Template Type "Scheduled Check-In" to program a scheduled email to be sent during the trip a few minutes after the check-in.
How to configure a scheduled email after the trip?
You can use the Template Type "Scheduled Check-In" or either "Scheduled Event" to program a scheduled email to be sent at a certain time after the trip. It could be useful to ask your customers for feedback about their experience.
How to track the emails?
You can track your scheduled communications from the Audit of the booking, where you can find the status of the communication, and you can even resend them.
The possible status are:
- DISABLED: The communication won’t be sent
- SCHEDULED: The email is programmed to be sent at the configured time
- SENT: The email has already been sent.
- ERROR: There was an error sending the email.